It's easy to forget about your septic system when it is functioning properly. However, if you don't properly maintain it, you may be headed for an expensive mess further down the road. The experts at A & C Septic Services LLC are skilled at providing you with the septic services you need to guard against future catastrophes.
• Conserve water. Fix leaks, drips and running toilets.
• Do not use a garbage disposal or dump coffee grounds in the sink.
• Do not pour fats and oils down the drain.
• Put paper towels, tissue, cigarette butts, wipes, sanitary napkins, and tampons in a trash can, not the toilet.
• Do not drive or park vehicles over the septic area and don't build a shed or driveway in this area.
• Tanks need to be pumped every two years, depending on the house. If the tank gets too full, particles of scum or sludge will clog the drain tiles and cause the septic system to fail.
• The tank should be pumped out through the manhole, not the smaller inspection ports. The tank should be cleaned completely, leaving nothing in the tank.
Although it may not be a lot of fun, understanding your septic system and when it needs maintenance is vital to preserving your home and lawn. Allow us to help you understand your system better by providing you with answers to some of the most frequently asked septic questions.
Copyright © 2019 A&C Septic Services - All Rights Reserved.
Web Design & Developement: Rachell Diaz